Cute Beaded Wire Heart Charms
Originally posted as Cute Beaded Wire Heart Charms by Sandy. Make the simplest of these wire hearts in under 10 minutes, plus learn wire working techniques you can apply to any wire and bead project. For more posts like this, please check out Keepsake Crafts .
Originally posted as Cute Beaded Wire Heart Charms by Sandy.
One thing I love about wire working is that you can make a beautiful piece with just a few inches of wire.
If you love sparkle, it’s easy to wire on beads and crystals.
- How to choose the right wire for your project
- Steps for shaping graceful curves and loops for your heart charm
- Hammering techniques to harden and add dimension to your piece
- How to wire on beads, crystals or pearl accents
- Two different ways to finish the bottom of your heart
- A way to wire wrap small dangles at the bottom of your heart
- How to form spirals and squiggles to fill the interior of your charm
- Steps for wiring your filler pieces onto the hearts
Need more info about working with wire? Here are some helpful videos:
- What Do Dead Soft, Half Hard and Full Hard Mean? All About Wire Hardness
- How to Give Your Jewelry an Antique Oxidized Look with Liver of Sulfur Patina
- What is Wire Gauge? What Size Wire To Use In Jewelry and Wire Wrapping
- Silver plated vs. silver filled wire
Tools & Materials:
- Bare copper wire, 16 and 26 gauge
- Sterling silver filled wire, 16 and 26 or 28 gauge
- Bail making pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
- Bent chain nose pliers
- Nylon jaw pliers
- Wire cutters
- Bench block
- Leather sandbag
- Chasing hammer
- Hybrid chain/round nose pliers
- File or cup burr
Notes about wire:
- If you want to add a patina to your wire work, do NOT buy wire that has a coating or says non-tarnish.
- You can purchase wire from Amazon, but for the silver filled you’ll likely get better prices from RioGrande.com or FireMountainGems.com
- 1x2mm crystal rondelle, Opaque Turquoise
- 2mm Czech glass pearl, Purple Velvet Rainbow
- 3.4mm drop fringe seed bead, Seafoam Green Matte Picasso
Watch the Cute Beaded Wire Heart Charms video on YouTube.
For more posts like this, please check out Keepsake Crafts .
What's Your Reaction?